Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A New Kind Of American Saint


ANKOAS were crazy as shit, straight up. I saw them play a show naked at the Cow Haus one time. Ex-I Have Dreams. I'm pretty sure that is the same house show on the recording that I saw. I remember Scott Baker's mom wouldn't let anybody mosh. (Pictured is them playing at the Co-op.)

Unreleased split with Poison The Well - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jjdjc2bezx0

Live set and two other live tracks - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wddnhnetm1l

Take A Shit - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jyjvxhizngg
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


There used to be a bunch of old pics on some website but I can't find it anymore. I remember someone brought a huge paper mache animal and then everyone wrecked it.
Photobucket

I found this one on the tallahassee shows website. Whoever put it up said it was of them doing a cher cover (with Clayton singing)








I found this video of Clayton and Allen interviewing people outside of the Poison The Well, Martyr AD, Brothers Keeper, ANKOAS show at the Cow Haus in 2000(which was a fucking amazing show by the way.) I never really liked Brother's Keeper but Poison The Well was insane and so was ANKOAS. I was hoping I would be on here but no luck! I was like 12 or 13 when I saw this show.
Interview at a Hardcore Show

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that pic of Clayton crowd surfing was during the acapella band/crowd sing-a-long of To Be With You by Mr Big. Towards the end of that show they did an acapella cover (led by Ben) of Kiss From A Rose by Seal...but I don't remember a Cher song.

Unknown said...

i've been looking for this cd inlay since, well, since i burned a copy of this CD i got from Lars Like Us when he was in One Fifth

Anonymous said...

i can guarantee you ankoas never played a show naked. allen and/or ben maybe, but not the whole band. i know this because i was in ankoas.

Anonymous said...

stoked to hear this PTW split. I was so excited for it and it never came. It was advertised in all the zines in atlanta and I think remember seeing posters around for it too.

Anonymous said...

could you reup "take a shit" ?

niko käst said...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
could you reup "take a shit" ?

I'll second that! I have been trying to take a shit for years!
...err I mean tryna find this band's material,included 'take a shit' for years.

That's a false alarm on the impacted fecus, just missing a lot of rare +/or expensive music i'd have to buy (all over) ever since my laptop died with 350 gigs of unground hardcore punk. Legitimately aquired.

I'm all over bittorrent, mediafire, what have you. How a brother up!

///

Don't let the tight pants fool you —Im all heart mockerfucker.

Unknown said...

please re-up